Senior Water Treatment Operator - 10029
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone region that focuses on working together to balance our Region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full-time Senior Water Treatment Operator to contribute to Council’s success.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and assist with the continuous operation and monitoring of the Water Treatment Plants in accordance with the regulatory requirements. Oversee and assist with the maintenance and operational activities within the area of the Treatment Plants in an effective, efficient and safe manner and in accordance with the adopted process control philosophy.
1. Certificate IV in Water Industry Operations or a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations with other qualifications relevant to Water Treatment.
2. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
3. Well-developed leadership and teamwork skills
4. Experience in leading treatment operations teams.
5. Demonstrated competence operating and maintaining essential process plant such as disinfection systems to produce water or effluent quality that meets relevant Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.
6. Previous experience working with aspects of water quality management systems, e.g. critical control points/HACCP
7. Documented experience in conducting sampling and laboratory testing including the ability to perform Jar Tests
8. White card – Course in General Safety Induction (Construction Industry)
9. Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Chemical hazards.
10. Sound working knowledge of scientific field and laboratory equipment.
11. Sound knowledge of DAFF and coagulation treatment
12. Sound knowledge on treatment methods for surface water and ground water sources.
13. Knowledge on the operation and maintenance of PLC/SCADA operation capabilities and Ultra-sonic level indication transducers.
14. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
15. Must be eligible and willing to obtain on appointment, a positive notice Working with Children Blue Card.
16. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Applicants are required to answer the job specific screening questions and provide a resume, as this forms part of the application process. For further information about the role, please refer to the position description.
We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to be able to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees. You will have the opportunity to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation, working within a high performing team that values your contribution. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance. We also offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, blue card screening, a pre-employment medical and a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone region community. Aboriginal, Torres Strait and South Sea Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
There is no firm closing date for this expression of interest. Council reserves the right to withdraw this opportunity from advertising when the position has been filled or at any time, at Council’s discretion, without notice.