The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone region that focuses on working together to balance our Region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a maximum-term full time Accountant to contribute to Council’s success. This is a maternity leave temporary replacement and will commence on 4 January 2021 and conclude on 30 September 2021.
The purpose of this position is to provide efficient accounting services, that support and assist Council to achieve Statutory Reporting obligations, including Commonwealth and State Government requirements.
To be successful in this role you should use initiative, show attention to detail with a good work ethic and recognise that the community is the core of our business.
- Degree qualifications in Accounting (or a related discipline) with relevant experience, knowledge and skills to perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Eligibility for Certified Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant membership.
- Experience in the application of legislation, regulations and Australian Accounting Standards.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and experience liaising with management, employees and customers.
- Time management, prioritisation and work organisation skills to effectively complete tasks within required timeframes.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Applicants are required to answer the job specific screening questions and provide a resume, as this forms part of the application process. For further information about the role, please refer to the position description.
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to be able to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- You will have the opportunity to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation, working within a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We also offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, blue card screening, a pre-employment medical and a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone region community. Aboriginal, Torres Strait and South Sea Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
12 Noon Tuesday 1 December 2020