Senior Engineer - Structural
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Senior Engineer - Structural to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to identify and design asset solutions that balance whole of life costs with customer function requirements to ensure maximum value can be obtained from Council assets.
Your success in this role will be demonstrated through your ability to lead asset investigations, design, project management and support to construction during delivery phase. This role will be focusing providing on specialised structural engineering across all municipal asset classes e.g. roads, buildings, parks and recreation and water/wastewater.
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate dependent on experience and qualifications.
1. Bachelor of Civil Engineering or relevant qualification.
2. Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) accreditation.
3. At least 10yrs experience in providing specialised structural engineering expertise primarily related to municipal assets from investigation, planning, all design stages and technical support during construction and commissioning
4. Have at least 5yrs design office experience
5. High level collaboration and negotiation skills to successfully engage and influence key stakeholders e.g. contractors, service authorities, consultants internal and external customers.
6. Highly developed project management and safety in design skills.
7. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
8. Enjoy working with a high level of autonomy to influence key asset decisions in a diverse high-performance team culture.
Applicants are required to answer the job specific screening questions and provide a resume, as this forms part of the application process. For further information about the role, please refer to the Position Description.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, blue card screening, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
There is no firm closing date for this recruitment process. Council reserves the right to withdraw this opportunity from advertising when the position has been filled or at any time, at Council’s discretion, without notice.