Theatre Technician 11099 x 2
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a 2 x Casual Theatre Technicians to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide excellent customer service whilst providing effective and efficient technical, operations, maintenance, and production services and support for the GECC and wider council events.
You are a person with a positive attitude and demonstrated knowledge/skills in sound, lighting, AV or staging in areas such as theatres, convention centres or outdoor events. Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment & enjoy the satisfaction of being part of a team that produces outstanding live events
- Demonstrated high level of customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, to engage with a diverse client base.
- Problem solving skills to effectively address technical matters prior to escalating to the team leader.
- Previous relevant experience working in a Theatre or Convention Centre or demonstrable skills operating lighting, sound and audio-visual equipment for stage productions.
- Legally able to drive a manual motor vehicle in Queensland.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Must be eligible and willing to obtain on appointment, a positive notice Working with Children Blue Card.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. Aboriginal, Torres Strait and South Sea Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Position Closes 12 noon Wednesday 27 January 2021