Engineer – Civil 10721
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a maximum term Engineer - Civil to contribute to Council’s success. This is a maternity leave maximum term replacement with potential to negotiate working part time hours and duration for the right candidate.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide specialised engineering support and advice to internal and external customers.
Your success in this role will be demonstrated through your ability to design, project management and support to construction during delivery phase. This role is focused on general civil engineering.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering (or a related discipline).
- Knowledge of relevant Acts and Regulations, engineering guidelines and standards.
- Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ) accreditation highly advantageous.
- At least 6yrs specialised general civil engineering (i.e. roads, traffic, earthworks and drainage) experience from investigation, planning and all design stages through to providing technical support during construction.
- Have at least 3 years general civil engineering design office experience
- Analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills to effectively conduct a range of Investigative/Assessment duties.
- Communication skills to liaise developers, service authorities, consulting engineers and Senior Management.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Applicants are required to answer the job specific screening questions and provide a resume, as this forms part of the application process. For further information about the role, please refer to the Position Description.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, blue card screening, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. Aboriginal, Torres Strait and South Sea Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
There is no firm closing date for this expression of interest. Council reserves the right to withdraw this opportunity from advertising when the position has been filled or at any time, at Council’s discretion, without notice.