Technical Investigations Engineer - 11427
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Technical Investigations Engineer to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide specialised technical engineering support and advice to internal and external customers. The position will make an important contribution to achieve Council’s objectives for excellence in asset management and customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (or a related discipline), together with min 7yrs experience within the field.
- Knowledge of relevant Acts and Regulations, engineering guidelines and standards.
- Analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills to effectively conduct a range of engineering investigative/design duties primarily related to drainage, roads and traffic and community infrastructure.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Eligibility for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Experience communicating with contractors, service authorities, consultant engineers and internal and external customers.
- Experience in the application of Engineering Design Guidelines applicable to a local government environment (e.g. Austroads and Water Services Association of Australia), relevant acts and regulations and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
There is no firm closing date for this recruitment process. Council reserves the right to withdraw this opportunity from advertising when the position has been filled or at any time, at Council’s discretion, without notice.