Contracts Specialist 11261
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Contract Specialist to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to carefully construct and facilitate formal contracts for goods and services to support the safe, efficient, sustainable and timely delivery of council’s operational program. The position will seek to manage commercial risks and ensure that contracts realise value for money, whilst complying with Council’s Procurement Policy, Corporate Standard and procurement best practice.
Your success in this role will be demonstrated through your experience in the development and negotiation of contracts, you will have excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and a thorough understanding of contractual risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics or Law (or a related discipline) and/or demonstrated experience and success in contract administration, overseeing complex financial, commercial and administrative aspects of supply/service contracts with proven success in maintaining compliance with company policies to minimise risk.
- Comprehensive understanding of contracting principles, legal risk areas, alternative approach techniques, and risk mitigation options with an analytical eye for detail drafting contracts, business correspondence and presentations.
- Demonstrable experience and skills dealing with customers, building and maintaining client relationships, and resolving contractual issues in a constructive and mutually beneficial manner.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems including ERP.
- Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail, business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Friday 5 November 2021