Manager Revenue Services
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a Manager Revenue Services to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
This is a key multi-functional strategic management role and is required to provide effective leadership and high-level management of revenue raising and collection that supports the effective delivery and cost recovery for Council services to the community.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or substantial experience in a Commercial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to design and model revenue strategies to ensure sustainable revenue cost recoveries across Council.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to set priorities and plan and organise one’s own work to achieve specific and set objectives in the most efficient way possible within the resources available and within a set timetable.
- Sound knowledge of the provisions of the Local Government Act 2009, and other relevant acts in relation to carrying out the duties of this position.
- Sound knowledge of current best practice standards in relation to financial management, risk management and customer service requirements.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to deliver a high-quality service to all customers and stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Demonstrated ability to engage and lead a team to deliver organisational outcomes.
- Highly developed analytical skills to support business improvement activities.
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accurate records and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of staff and delivering organisational objectives.
- National (or federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old).
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Friday 3 December 2021